Braucht einer von Euch Teile aus England?

03.08.2012 22:23
Ro

Hätte ich fast vergessen!
Ich bin vom 10.August - 02. September in Cornwall / Devon.
Meine Frau hat mich hierzu verdonnert!
Sie will einen Teil des Küstenweges gehen und mir Kultur beibringen!
Ich werde versuchen die Schottischen Getränke und das englische Trübbier besser kennenzulernen
Sie hat in verschiedenen Teilen des Landes jeweils für eine Woche ein Cottage gemietet.
Falls einer schwere, postalisch teure, Teile benötigt, dann könnte ich sie mitbringen. Der Versand innerhalb von England ist bedeutend billiger.
Platz ist genug vorhanden, da wir die An-/ Abfahrt mit meiner Rennkarre (Ford Transit Bus) erledigen.
Einfach via Mail melden, ich sende Euch dann die Adressen.
Grüße
Robert

Antworten

Beitrag melden
04.08.2012 19:47
Mi

Keep off the Scrumpy while in Devon Robert, it's also cloudy and so will your head be afterwards, Cornish Rattler is OK though. Enjoy Cornwall It's great there when the sun's shining.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
05.08.2012 21:04 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 05.08.2012 21:06)
Ro

Hi Mike,
I didn`t know, that the British produce a drinkable Cider!
Did they learn it from the French?
I`ll try the Cornish Rattler and will avoid the Scrumpy!
Thanks a lot, my head and my wife will apprecciate it!
Regards
Robert

p.s. do you know any Trials Club there?

Antworten

Beitrag melden
06.08.2012 00:12
Mi

That's cheeky Robert, the French could have copied the Cornish for the Bretons have a similar language to the Cornish, (never call a Cornishman an Englishman otherwise you will in trouble) Besides Devon and Cornwall, cider is also brewed in Somerset and that can be very potent too.
With regards to clubs in Cornwall I am sorry but it isn't really my local territory for I live in the beautiful county of Surrey, home of Box Hill which was recently made world famous by the Olympic Games cycle road races. My limited knowledge of Cornwall is due to my other half being Cornish and we have a place in Hayle. There is a bike meet on Tuesday evenings at the eastern end of Hayle just opposite the Shell petrol station but most of the bikes are modern ones.
With regard to the Scottish drinks do I take it that you will be going to the Jampot Rally in Kelso to sample the local brew there?

Antworten

Beitrag melden
06.08.2012 09:13 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 06.08.2012 09:14)
Ja

Moin,

ich werde ebenfalls im August (14.-22.) einen kurzen Urlaub auf der Insel machen - dabei wird Kettering auch direkt angesteuert.
Teiletransport wäre daher ebenfalls kein großes Problem, allerdings ist der Platz im Kofferraum etwas limitierter, da ich leider nur einen Micra habe (der hoffentlich bis Samstag wieder rennt.).

Dummerweise habe ich mich bereits an Cider gewöhnt, in Bristol werde ich wahrscheinlich im "Apple"-Boot wieder das gute alte Bristol´sche Cider schlürfen. So stark dass es nur in kleinen Gläsern serviert wird...Sehr lecker.

I´ll spend some days (14th to 22nd) on the island;
as I´ll visit Kettering I could pick up some spares as well.
Space is a bit limited as the boot is rather small (Nissan Micra), so no complete bikes, please...

And now for something completely different:
Unfortunately I got used to cider already,
so maybe I´ll sip a few "Old Bristolean" on the "Apple" at the Welsh back when being in Bristol.
A bit stronger (half pints only!) but worth a try.

Cheers

Jan

Antworten

Beitrag melden
Bereits Mitglied?
Jetzt anmelden!
Mitglied werden?
Jetzt registrieren!